(NC) Snickerdoodles are a true classic, with the distinctive crackled top and sweet cinnamon sugar coating. While this soft and chewy favourite can be enjoyed all year long, why not give it a holiday twist by adding another timeless tradition — the flavour of eggnog?
Spiced Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 20 cookies
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp cream of tartar
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp granulated sugar
• 1 tbsp PC eggnog spice seasoning blend
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl using electric hand mixer on medium-high speed until creamy and light in colour, 2 to 3 minutes; alternatively, beat in bowl of stand mixer using paddle attachment. Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping down side of bowl as needed. Set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in separate bowl. Add to butter mixture; beat on low speed just until combined.
4. Stir together sugar and eggnog spice in small bowl. Scoop cookie dough and roll into balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture to coat.
Nutritional information per cookie: calories 100; fat 5 g; sodium 65 mg; carbohydrates 13 g; dietary fibre 0 g; sugars 8 g; protein 1 g.