Love avocado toast? You have to try these! These cheesy broccoli toasts are quick, easy and super delicious!
Prep time 7 min | Cook time 5 min | Servings 2
- 500 mL (2 cups) frozen broccoli
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) red pepper flakes
- 2 mL (½ tsp) garlic powder
- 60 mL (¼ cup) light cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Place frozen broccoli in a microwaveable bowl, cover with a plate and microwave on high for approximately 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly then roughly mash with a fork. Add pepper flakes and garlic.
- Lightly toast bread in oven or toaster. Place toast on a baking tray. Layer mashed broccoli mixture on each slice and evenly sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over each slice.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and golden, approximately 5 minutes.