New Delhi, Sep 26: Navaratri is celebrated all across the country with great zeal and attracts prosperity and happiness for the whole year. While the festival is celebrated with a lot of gifts, fireworks, puja, and Garba performances – feats and food continue to be an integral part of festivities.
On Navaratri while some choose to have elaborate feasts, others keep a fast by consuming fruits and milk or restrict themselves to one vegetarian meal a day. Whether you are someone who loves to feast or someone who fasts, we have an easy-to-make recipe for everyone.
Here are some quick flavorsome recipes that you can make using Voltas Beko products.
Sama Chawal Khichdi: The Perfect Blend of Healthy and Tasty
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup Sama rice
- 1 green chili
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cup water
- Soak Samachawal for 1 hour. Drain water and keep the rice aside.
- Chop the potatoes into medium size cubes.
- Take a bowl and add ghee, cumin, and green chili. Put the bowl in microwave for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Add ground black pepper, salt, and rice to the bowl and give it a nice mix.
- Add water to the mixture and microwave at high heat for 5 minutes.
- You can serve it curd. Take it out and enjoy it with your family.
Sabudana Kheer: The ultimate sweet treat
Duration: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup sabudana
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1-liter milk
- 4 pods of green cardamom
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (clarified butter)
- 10-12 cashew and almonds for garnishing
- Soak the sabudana in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Take a bowl. Add milk, pods of cardamom and sugar to it. Microwave the milk for 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Remove the milk mixture, add the soaked sabudana and Ghee. Heat for another 5 minutes in the microwave.
- Remove the bowl then add cashews and almonds to the Kheer.
- You can serve it hot or else you can let the mixture cool down at room temperature. Keep the Kheer in refrigerator for 1 hour!
- Serve Chilled sabudana Kheer.
Arbi Kofta: The easiest snack to make at home!
Duration: 1 Hour
- 300 grams Arbi
- 3-4 tablespoons of water chestnut flour
- 2 green chilis
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/2 inch ginger
- Take a bowl and add 3 cups of water. Add Arbi to the water with a pinch of salt. Microwave the Arbi in.
- Take out the Arbi and let them cool at room temperature.
- Peel and smash them well.
- Add cumin, salt, ghee, water chestnut flour and chopped chilies. Mix the Arbi and spices.
- Shape the mixture into small balls. Place them on a microwave-proof plate and microwave them on high for 2 minutes. If you ensure that the arbi kofta turns out crispy, you can refrigerate the arbi balls before putting them into the microwave.
- Finally, serve with mint curd and enjoy with your family.