You can’t go wrong with eggs at breakfast, lunch or dinner. For a flavour twist, use different peppers or other greens like arugula or kale.
Prep time 5 min | Cook time 10 min | Servings 4
- 1 container (142 g/5 oz) baby spinach, washed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) hot pepper flakes
- 10 mL (2 tsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) water or skim milk
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) grated Parmesan cheese
- In an ovenproof 25 cm (10 inch) nonstick skillet, cook spinach with water that is still clinging to leaves, over medium heat, stirring for about 2 minutes or until wilted. Add pepper, garlic and hot pepper flakes; stir to combine. Add oil and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, water and cheese. Pour into skillet, stirring to combine with spinach. Cook lifting edge with rubber spatula, letting runny egg go to the bottom. Let cook, until edge is starting to set.
- Place skillet about 10 cm (4 inches) under broiler for about 3 minutes or until top is set and light golden.