These crunchy fruit and nut bars are quick to make on the weekend. Enjoy on busy weekdays!
- 1 L (4 cups) wheat, rice, or Kamut puffs
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) chia seeds
- 60 mL (¼ cup) unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- 85 mL (⅓ cup) natural peanut or almond butter or non-nut alternative
- 85 mL (⅓ cup) honey
- Line a 20×20 cm (8×8 inch) square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together puffs, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and cacao nibs.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter and honey. Microwave in 20-second intervals stirring in between each interval until mixture is smooth and pourable.
- Pour the warm peanut butter mixture over the puff mixture and mix well.
- Press mixture into the pan and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 portions.