Enjoy the sweet hint of honey and fresh thyme in this easy salmon grill with asparagus.
Prep time 5 min | Cook time 15 min | Servings 4
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 10 mL (2 tsp) canola oil
- 10 mL (2 tsp) liquid honey
- 10 mL (2 tsp) packed brown sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) chopped fresh thyme or 2 mL (½ tsp) dried thyme leaves
- 2 mL (½ tsp) fresh ground pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets, about 150 g/5 oz each
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Half a fresh lemon
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, oil, honey, sugar, thyme and half of the pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over top of salmon, spreading evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes, turning once if possible.
- Lightly spray asparagus with cooking spray and place on preheated and oiled grill on medium high heat. Grill, turning a couple of times until tender crisp. Add salmon fillets and grill for 5 minutes. Discard marinade. Turn salmon over and grill for about 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily when tested. Serve with asparagus. Squeeze lemon over asparagus just prior to serving.