TORONTO — The Ontario government is making record investments in healthcare, long-term care, transportation, education, and other critical infrastructure leveraging its public-private partnership (P3) delivery model and other innovative approaches, to help support communities and bolster economic growth across the province.
Infrastructure Ontario’s (IO) latest Market Update, released today, lists 39 major infrastructure projects, with an estimated value of $35 billion.
The Market Update is a list of public projects in the pre-procurement, procurement and planning stages for which Ontario has committed investments. The list helps potential local and global private-sector partners organize their time and resources to make sure Ontario gets robust, innovative, and competitive bids for its public infrastructure projects.
“Our government is continuing to get the job done through our partnership and collaboration with the construction sector,” said Kinga Surma, Minister of Infrastructure. “We will keep engaging with key stakeholders to understand the current economic environment and identify solutions to overcome challenges and help us continue to build on our successes. At the same time, we are investing in critical infrastructure projects to help create jobs, support our economic future, and ensure the health and well-being of all Ontarians.”
Highlights from the November 2022 IO Market Update include:
- Public Works – Ontario Place Site Servicing – now in pre-procurement
- Education – Education Rapid Builds Program – now in pre procurement
- Justice – OPP Modernization Phase 3 – now in planning
- Ontario Line North segment: Elevated Guideway and Stations; and Pape Tunnel and Underground Stations – now both in active procurement
“We have been relentless in bringing projects to market and refreshing the pipeline while considering new government priorities,” said Michael Lindsay, CEO, Infrastructure Ontario. “Continuing to deliver on the government’s historic commitments means continuously improving upon and evolving how we attract the best companies to compete for our work and deliver great projects on behalf of the government and people of Ontario.”
- The current Market Update includes 39 projects in pre-procurement and procurement, valued at an estimated $35 billion.
- The list also includes 16 projects in early stages of planning, for which scope, timing and delivery model are still being determined.
- The projects in this P3 Market Update are part of the government’s investment of more than $159 billion in planned infrastructure over the next 10 years.