Brampton Incident: Nine Schools Under Hold-and-Secure Orders Following Reports of Possible Gunshot Wound
Brampton, May 26, 2023 – In response to reports of a youth potentially sustaining a gunshot wound in a Brampton neighborhood, authorities have implemented hold-and-secure orders for a total of nine schools.
Law enforcement officers were initially dispatched to the intersection of Central Park Drive and Grenoble Boulevard in Brampton at approximately 11:25 a.m., following a call regarding a dangerous weapon.
According to the police, a youth has been transported to the hospital with injuries of unknown severity.
Presently, investigators have not confirmed whether the youth was injured by a replica firearm or a genuine gun.
Authorities have declared that the individual or individuals responsible for the incident have not been apprehended.
The following schools are currently under hold-and-secure orders:
- Grenoble Public Elementary School (PES)
- Greenbriar Public Elementary School (PES)
- Goldcrest Public Elementary School (PES)
- Holy Name of Mary Catholic Secondary School (CSS)
- St. Thomas Aquinas
- St. Jean Brebeuf Catholic Elementary School (CES)
- Judith Nyman Secondary School (PSS)
- Chinguacousy Secondary School (PSS)
- Williams Parkway Public Elementary School (PES)