Use this basic recipe to make an omelette stuffed with your favourite filling.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon canola oil (divided)
- 1 cup filling (shredded cheese, onion, spinach or other chopped vegetable)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (1%)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- Lightly grease a skillet with ½ the oil and cook raw vegetables until tender. Set aside for later.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl until blended.
- Heat remaining canola oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from the edges toward the center with the spatula so uncooked eggs can reach the pan’s hot surface. Continue cooking, tilting the pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When the top surface of eggs has thickened and no visible liquid remains, place filling on half of the omelette.
- Fold the omelette in half with a spatula, covering the filling, and slide onto a plate.
- Serve immediately.