Serve this roasted chicken as a centrepiece at dinner, or add it to salads, sandwiches, enchiladas, or stuffed peppers.
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rub chicken with oil, then rub with spice mixture.
- Place chicken breast-side down in Dutch oven or roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- Let chicken rest for ten minutes before cutting.
- For more flavor, try other seasonings like 1 teaspoon rosemary or thyme.
- Serve with mashed sweet potatoes.
- Chop up leftover chicken and serve on a salad, in a wrap, or in a soup. Cooked, chopped chicken freezes well for later use.