Pair these tasty greens with a protein food (like chicken, beef, fish, tofu) and a whole grain food (like quinoa or whole grain pasta)!
Prep time 7 min | Cook time 10 min | Servings 4
- 7 mL (½ tbsp) vegetable oil
- ½ head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 handfuls green beans, trimmed (about 500 mL/2 cups)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 250 mL (1 cup) frozen green peas
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) sesame oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan over medium heat, heat vegetable oil.
- Add broccoli, green beans and garlic powder and sauté for a minute. Add water to cover about ¼ of the vegetables.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for about 8 – 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp and bright in colour.
- Add the frozen peas and sesame oil and cook for another minute. Check the broccoli and beans to see if they are cooked, but still firm. Once they are ready, sprinkle sesame seeds on top, season with salt and pepper and serve! Remember a little salt goes a long way.