Perfect way to use tomatoes, this refreshing salad is versatile enough to enjoy for lunch, on a picnic, or dinner on the patio with family and friends. Serve it over lettuce leaves for added colour and crunch.
Prep time 5 min | Cook time 0 min | Servings 6
- 1 L (2 pints) grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (each 120 g drained weight) light flaked tuna in water, drained
- 250 mL (1 cup) chopped cucumber
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 10 mL (2 tsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) chopped fresh basil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, celery, tuna and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic and hot pepper flakes. Pour over tomato mixture along with basil and oregano and toss to coat well.