OTTAWA: Testing on arrival by road at Canada’s border and during quarantine will be effective as of February 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET.
Travellers entering Canada must follow the rules set out by the Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and its variants.
Failure to comply with any requirements or providing false information may result in fines, penalties or imprisonment.
Before you travel
• Get informed.
• Plan for your quarantine.
• Get a COVID-19 molecular test, taken in the U.S., within 72 hours before arrival at the border.
• Use ArriveCAN to enter your information.
• Have your ArriveCAN receipt and test result ready.
• If you develop symptoms while in transit, stop and seek medical attention.
At the border
• Wear a mask.
• Answer eligibility and health screening questions, including quarantine plans.
• Provide required information and documents.
• Take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival.
• Collect a test kit for use later during your quarantine.
If you have symptoms or an unsuitable quarantine plan, your stay will be at a designated quarantine facility or other suitable location.
• Go directly to your place of quarantine or isolation.
• Complete the test kit as instructed during your quarantine.
• Use ArriveCAN or call 1-833-641-0343 to check-in the day after you enter Canada and to report symptoms daily. You will be contacted by federal, provincial or territorial officials.