Stuff this cheesy quesadilla with your favourite vegetables.
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (tomatoes, green beans, carrots, peppers, zucchini, etc.)
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- In a skillet, cook ground turkey until completely cooked. Drain and rinse.
- Add cheese and vegetables.
- Place 1/4 cup of turkey mixture on a tortilla. Fold over or roll.
- Heat and lightly brown in skillet or in the oven.
- Quesadillas are a great way to use up leftover cooked meats or vegetables. Just add them instead of the fresh ingredients.
- Make half your plate vegetables! You can stretch food dollars and eat healthier by adding your favorite vegetable to your recipes. Experiment with new foods and have fun!