The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance locating a man wanted in a home invasion.
On Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at approximately 8:45 p.m., police responded to a call for a home invasion in the King Street West and Strachan Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- the victim was getting into their car in the underground parking lot of a condominium in the Liberty Street and Dufferin Street area
- two armed male suspects, who were wearing ski masks, blocked in the victim’s car with their vehicle
- the suspects got into the victim’s vehicle and pointed a gun at them
- the victim was handcuffed, and had a ski mask placed on their head
- the suspects escorted the victim up to their condominium unit
- another tenant was inside the unit and was also placed in handcuffs
- the suspects proceeded to ransack the unit, placing items of value into duffle bags they brought with them
- both victims were forced into and secured in a bedroom within the unit
- a third victim attended the unit with another person and confronted the suspects
- the suspects shot the victim three times
- the suspects fled the area with the obtained property
- the victim was transported to hospital, and underwent emergency surgery. They survived, but their injuries are life altering
In the ensuing intensive investigation by members of the Hold Up Squad with the assistance of members of the 14 Division Primary Response Officers and Forensic Identification Services, a suspect has been identified.
Boaz Frimpong, 28, of Toronto, is wanted for:
- Forcible Confinement
- Robbery With A Firearm
- Attempt Murder
- Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
He is described as 6’1″, 240lbs, with black hair and brown eyes. An image has been released.
He is considered armed and dangerous. If located, do not approach and call 9-1-1 immediately.
Investigators are seeking public assistance in identifying the second male suspect.
He is described as male, Black, approximately 5’10″ to 6’0″, and has a heavy build. He was wearing a dark winter jacket, a dark face covering and black running shoes.