- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic, curry powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper to the pot. Stir well and sauté for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the pot and stir to coat them with the spice mixture.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth and creamy. If using a regular blender, work in batches, and be sure to vent the blender to allow steam to escape.
- Return the blended soup to the pot if you used a regular blender. Stir in the coconut milk and warm the soup over low heat for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning and spice level to your preference by adding more curry powder or cayenne pepper if needed.
- Ladle the curried cauliflower soup into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious Curried Cauliflower Soup!
This soup is both comforting and flavorful, making it a perfect choice for a cozy meal on a chilly day. You can also serve it with a slice of crusty bread or some naan for a complete and satisfying meal.