For the Stir-Fry Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (such as peanut or canola oil)
- 3 cups mixed vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, snap peas, etc.), sliced or chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cooked rice or noodles for serving
- Prepare the Stir-Fry Sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Cook the Chicken:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large wok or a deep skillet over high heat.
- Add the sliced chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until it’s no longer pink and has some browned edges. Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- Stir-Fry the Vegetables:
- In the same pan, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger (if using) and stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the mixed vegetables and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until they’re crisp-tender. You can adjust the cooking time to your preference for softer or crisper vegetables.
- Combine Chicken and Sauce:
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan with the vegetables.
- Pour the stir-fry sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
- Finish Cooking:
- Stir everything together and let it cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken and vegetables. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a splash of water to reach your desired consistency.
- Season and Garnish:
- Taste the stir-fry and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- If desired, sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped green onions over the stir-fry for extra flavor and presentation.
- Serve the chicken and vegetable stir-fry hot over cooked rice or noodles.
Enjoy your homemade classic chicken and vegetable stir-fry! You can customize the vegetables to your liking and even add some chili flakes for a bit of heat if you prefer a spicier dish.