These healthy, fruity nachos are simple enough for kids to make.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 medium apples (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (unsalted and shelled)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened [or raisins])
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (mini)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy style)
- 5 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub apples under cool running water.
- Add lemon juice to sliced apples to reduce browning.
- Spread apple slices on a plate.
- Top apple slices with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and mini chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a small, microwaveable safe container. Microwave 20 seconds and stir until smooth. Be careful when removing from microwave.
- Drizzle peanut butter sauce over apple slices.