TORONTO: The Ontario 511 app is now ready with features to check road conditions, track the location of snowplows, and easily find safe places to stop and rest along provincial highways.
The app is useful for travelers and makes it easier to find information on public rest areas, location of the plow, construction, road closures and more.
“Driving during the winter months can be a challenge in every part of the province, and our government remains committed to keeping Ontario’s roads and highways safe,” said Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation.
“That’s why we are enhancing the Ontario 511 app with winter safety features that will provide drivers with even more information so they navigate the best route.”
The Ontario 511 team is now available to all drivers and includes these additional features;
• Track My Plow which will allow drivers to track the location of snowplows and salt trucks on provincial highways in Ontario
• Information on winter road conditions so drivers can see which roads are bare or covered with snow
• Weather warnings from Environment Canada to alert drivers of upcoming storms
• Up-to-date information on rest areas across the province
• Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
The app also provides images from over 600 cameras and includes up-to-date highway information on construction, collisions and road closures. The Ontario 511 app is available for free on the App Store and Google Play.