- 1 package of fresh or frozen ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil, chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they are tender and browned.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese and cook for an additional minute, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the skillet and toss gently to coat with the sauce.
- Serve the ravioli hot, topped with chopped parsley or basil if desired.
Enjoy your homemade ravioli with creamy mushroom sauce!