For the Meat Sauce:
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Cheese Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 lasagne noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the Meat Sauce:
- In a large skillet or saucepan, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer the sauce for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the Cheese Filling:
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Assemble the Lasagne:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, spread a small amount of the meat sauce to coat the bottom.
- Place a layer of cooked lasagne noodles over the sauce.
- Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, followed by a third of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add another layer of meat sauce and repeat with noodles, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
- Finish with a final layer of noodles, the remaining meat sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until the lasagne is bubbly and the cheese is golden brown on top.
- Let the lasagne rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your homemade lasagne! It’s a comforting and classic dish that’s perfect for family gatherings or a cozy dinner at home.